fredag 20. november 2009

She Said Destroy recording, Day 2+3






Snorre SSD

Ok, this should've been updated ages ago, obviously, but when lightning strikes and fries your internet connection, what can you do? Apart from the house it also hit the studio and my car, which was nice. We didn't need those microphones anyway.

So, the recording is sounding great. And i do mean great. Our fan will love this. He might even think it is the best thing we've ever done. Cause it is. I'd say that our drum and bass sound is incredibly heavy. I dread to use the word, cause I hate Zeppelin, but it really has that feel to it. Big, filthy, and natural sounding. Incidentally, two of those words also apply to our drummer.


We have been incredibly lucky with everything so far, apart from the lightning incident, which was probably due to me making Jesus jokes in the previous blog post. I promise I won't do it again.
I promise, Jesus

Working with Corin is always a pleasure, and my suspicions that he is in fact the most versatile engineer/producer in the UK at the moment are growing stronger by the hour. He also insists on wearing those nice orange trousers, which I find highly arousing. I honestly do not think we could have gotten a better result in terms of sound than we have been getting so far down here in Lllwwwllwaffllffllwwlfyynnggnlllffwwlingg, even if we went to a professional studio. It's incredible how far you can get with limited equipment as long as you (not me, I've no idea) know how to use it.

Her name is Glyn, she's Welsh, and her eyes are like stars in the sky.
She doesn't mind our limited equipment.

I honestly, again, do not know what we would have done without the Orange amps. They sound so heavy, and at the same time so clear, and thinking back at the sound that we have been getting from our amps earlier, I don't understand what we've been doing. The fact that we have just recently discovered the joys of playing at civilized tempos might add to my wide eyed wonder at how this is sounding, but it is nice not having to force the instruments to sit well together in the mix. This might all change when I waddle in with my guitars, though. In the meantime I'm enjoying the timeless sound of two bass amps screaming for mercy and an old Ludwig kit being beaten to submission.

Yes.

The manliest of all pictures

Yes. Yes.
Posing, Grevey style pt.1
Posing, Grevey style pt.2

Sometimes we let him run free in the garden

The sophisticated humor of men in studios

And again.























1 kommentar:

  1. that snare schlong is friggin' hilarious. and also well-drawn. eric cartman would be proud, chapeau!

    SvarSlett