fredag 20. november 2009

She Said Destroy recording, Day 4

Snorre, SSD

Today is when the distorted guitars happened, a high point for me as I am in many ways similar to Macaulay Culkin in the "Black and White" video.
Only much, much less cute


There is something primitively satisfying in cranking up a big amp as loud as you want. We had a few good references to compare our sound to, and after a lot of tweaking and crawling around with microphone stands we finally ended up with the massive, roaring sound that we wanted. The one that we have been geekily talking about for the last six months, possibly while wearing unfashionable clothes and being very, very uninteresting to non-guitarists.

But to us unhip people...

The day also saw us recording some bass overdubs, mostly effects. We thought it was a good idea to hook up all the fuzz pedals and amps that we had, and have DC play through it all at the same time. It sounded pretty awesome. Another mic blown.

My rhythm guitars are all done now, which is nice. We are now completely on schedule, which has probably never happened in the history of recording music, but I'm sure I can do something about that tomorrow, when I am doing all the clean guitars.

On a different note, Lampeter might very well be the nicest place in the UK. Despite the astonishingly bad weather we've had, I don't think I've seen prettier nature over here. And the people are so friendly. They actively try to help us wherever we go, whether it be to find beer, find pizza or find steak. I haven't been afraid of being stabbed in the eye with a stolen screwdriver even once, and that is an unusual feeling of freedom for someone living in the Liverpool city centre. I'm definitely coming back here.


The watchful eye of a fellow guitar player

Our secret weapon

The jury, listening to what I did. Corin is laughing.


Guitar/waterboarding corner

God i hate Kassabian and their shitty, shitty music.










Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar