mandag 23. november 2009

She Said Destroy recording, Day 6


Snorre, SSD

The last day of recording. More guitars and weird noises. This has been the most fun day so far, because all the hard parts are done, and we can just sit back, listen to what we have done, and toy around with sounds and small ideas. And draw cocks. We came up with some shocking sounds by combining a few random pedals, I think we have successfully duplicated the midi soundtrack sound from the first "Prince of Persia"-game. Which means that we've done something with 10000 pounds worth of pedals, guitars and amps that someone else did with an Amiga 500. In 1989. Yet again, we are victorious.

Victory

Also, the facial hair situation down here is getting out of control. Bjørn Tor has looked like the Unabomber for a while now, but he is now getting to a stage where he looks like the subject of an episode of "Animal Cops".

One of them are in my band

Meanwhile, my own facial hair has also reached critical mass. Unfortunately for me, this only means that I look like I've just entered puberty, or that I'm a ski jumper from the eighties. I should really have a better beard by this age. But I don't. As my understanding of toiletries is limited, I only brought one rusty razor with me, but not foam. After severely disfiguring my chin and cheeks with only this razor and water, I opted to leave my upper lip alone, which only made it worse.

After finishing the tracking, we went and did something really cool, which was to go to a wool mill situated in an old stone building nearby and record some reverberations. We pumped out the drum tracks into the room and set up a set of mics in the other end to record it. It sounds great, and adding it to the track really makes it gel. Corin, our engineer, really is a genius.

A genius.

So, it's all done. We will overdub some acoustic guitars at a later stage, and then we will record vocals and mix this whole thing in February. Hopefully we'll get a release date in not too long. Check our Facebook for updates. I promise, the record will be worth the wait.

Thanks so much to Corin for his expertise and endless patience. Thanks to DC for flying over from the States to record this thing, you've done an amazing job. And a special thanks to Corin's parents for letting us stay in their house and for helping out. You've been amazing.

Reverb, beard.

What will he do next?

Something subtle.


Possibly downloading something unclean onto Corin's computer

Drummer, documentarian, great tan.

facialhairfacialhairfacialhairfacialhairfacialhairfacialhairfacialhairfacialhairfacialhairfacialhair

















Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar